How Can I Claim SSS Maternity Benefit if I Was AWOL?
By KD On 6/11/2016
Hi, good day. Can I Avail of SSS Maternity Benefit? I was AWOL last December 2015. Then I filed my MAT! last March as a Self-Employed. I gave birth via C-Section this May. This June, I changed my status and paid my contributions this month. What requirements should I file so I can avail of maternity benefit? Thank you in advance.
If you've paid at least 3 monthly contributions within Jan 2015 to Dec 2015, you are eligible for SSS Maternity Benefit.
Submit these documents:
- Maternity Benefit Application for Self-Employed, Voluntary Member
- Maternity Notification (signed and stamped by SSS before delivery)
- Birth Certificate of your baby, from the NSO or Local Civil Registrar
- Operating Room Record
or Surgical Memorandum
or Discharge Summary Report
or Medical/Clinical Abstract
- SSS ID
or SSS ID application stub
or other valid IDs
- Affidavit of Undertaking (notarized)
You will submit this because your delivery date is within 6 months of your last day with your employer
You can submit this affidavit instead of a Certificate of Non-Advancement of Maternity Benefit from your employer because you went AWOL.
- Bring original and photocopies of documents
Why Some SSS Maternity Benefit Claims are Denied
How Much is Your Maternity Benefit?