How Philippine SSS Pensioners Abroad Can File ACOP or Annual Confirmation of Pensioner's Form

Updated January 5, 2017

If you're an SSS pensioner living outside the Philippines, here's how to file your Annual Confirmation of Pensioner's (ACOP) form, via documents or via Skype video call.

When to file

SSS requires you to file your ACOP form once every year.

If you're a retiree pensioner, file within your birth month.

If you're a survivor pensioner, file within the birth month of the deceased member.

If you're a dependent pensioner or guardian, file within the birth month of the retired or deceased pensioner.

If you plan to send your ACOP via postal mail, it might be good to send your documents a week before your birth month so your documents will arrive early, most likely in the first week of your birth month.

What to send

  Send these documents to SSS:
1.  Filled-out and signed Annual Confirmation of Pensioner's (ACOP) form
2.  Photocopy of at least 2 valid photo IDs with signature.
   Can be Philippine SSS ID, UMID ID, passport, driver's license, or any ID issued by a government agency or institution in the country where you live

    If you do not have valid IDs, submit a Certificate of Appearance issued by the Philippine Embassy or
               Consulate in the country where you are.
3.  Photocopy of your recent medical certificate, or any recent laboratory report or physical exam report or any recent diagnostic report
Certification from retirement home, nursing facility, hospital, correctional institution, penitentiary or rehabilitation center, if you're confined in any of these institutions       

If you're a Retiree Pensioner or Survivor Pensioner, and currently, you do not have any of these medical documents and you have to spend a lot to acquire one, I think you can ignore this medical-document requirement. Anyway, you can send again, if this medical document is really required. This medical-document requirement is listed in the ACOP form (lower portion of the form), but it's not included in the requirements announced in news reports here in the Philippines, and it's not included in this SSS ACOP poster that is being posted on SSS' Facebook page (as of January 5, 2017).

4.  If you're a Total Disability Pensioner:
      Complete physical examination report done within 3 months prior to date of ACOP submission
          and certified by a physician, indicating license number and clinic address
      Laboratory or other diagnostic examination results applicable to disability

Where to send or submit:

  • Send your documents by postal mail to:
        SSS Members Assistance Center - ACOP
        SSS Diliman Branch
        SSS Bldg., East Avenue
        Diliman, Quezon City 1100

  • Or you can scan all your documents and attach them to your email to:
    Write ACOP as your email subject:  Subject: ACOP 

  • Or you can submit all your documents in person at any Philippine SSS representative office abroad

 Now, there's another option available: via SKYPE

You can use a Skype video call if:
  • You have a Skype account
  • Your Internet connection is good
  • You are in a well-lighted area
  • You can use your Skype on PC, laptop, table or mobile phone
  • Be ready with your personal info related to your SSS pension
When can I contact SSS for Skype video call?

Monday: 6am to 11pm  Philippine time
Tuesday to Friday: 12am to 11 pm  Philippine time

Do I need to make an appointment?

Yes, email ofw.relations@sss.gov.ph. Your email Subject should be:
    Skype (ACOP), your name, your SSS no.
     example:  Skype (ACOP), Maria Mabait, 04-0878689-8  

Include the following information in your email:

If you're a Retiree Pensioner:

1. Pensioner Type: Retiree Pensioner
2. Name of Pensioner
2. Date of birth
3. SSS number
4. Dependents' names, if there are
    Guardian's Name and Birth of Date, if pensioner is incapacitated
5. Email address, mobile number and landline number
6. Complete address (overseas and Philippine address)
7. Skype username to be used in video call
8. Preferred schedule of video call, in Philippine time

If you're a Survivor Pensioner:

1. Pensioner Type: Survivor Pensioner
1. Name of Deceased Member
2. SSS Number of Deceased Member
3. Date of Birth of Deceased Member
4. Name of Pensioner
5. Date of Birth of Pensioner
6. Names of Dependents, if there are
    Guardian's name and birth of date, if pensioner is incapacitated
7. Email address, Mobile number and landline number
8. Complete address (overseas and Philippine address)
9. Skype username to be used in the video call
10. Preferred date and time for video call, in Philippine time

Wait for an email response from SSS. Receive your reference number.

On the appointment date and time, wait for the video call from an SSS agent

Accept the video call from the SSS agent

Present your reference number and valid IDs to the SSS agent

Contact Info for Filipinos Abroad, including non-OFWs:

OFW-CSU hotlines: (+632) 364-7796 / (+632) 364-7798 
Email: ofw.relations@sss.gov.ph

In your email, write your complete name, SSS number, contact info and details of your request or inquiry. Attach a scan or screenshot of 2 valid IDs (with photo and signature) for reference and verification.
I think if you do not have a scanner, a photo of your IDs that clearly shows your ID name, photo and other ID info is also acceptable.


  1. Replies
    1. Hi Carmillejoi, I have now updated the info :)

  2. Hi is the skype thing compulsary. I am in malaysia and my parents is in the US my sister ask me to file them in their behalf.

    1. Hi loveleng: It should be your parents in the U.S. who should file their ACOP. They can do it through email. They can download the ACOP form, fill it out, sign it, then scan it and email to SSS. See instructions above. Attach a scan or photo of their IDs. Attach also medical certificates or any laboratory test signed by a medical professional with license number, if they have.

  3. I already submit reuirements before the birthday of late husband last October, but this January my mother un kaw told me that the pension cut. So i report here in Singapore office. I just want to ask for how long is the processing to be continue for the pension again thanks...

    1. Hi Lanie: Sorry I'm not sure how long. It will depend on the number of pensioners whose pensions need to be restored. Anyway, any monthly pension that was not sent to you will be given to you after your ACOP has been verified.

  4. hi,ask something po my pension is cut due of not accomplishing acop last yr.?can i still report if ever because my employer not release my civil id and i do have only passport and voters id..im working here in kuwait.

  5. Hi joy: Yes, you can still file. Mabibigay din naman yong mga hindi nabigay sa iyo na pension. Wala pa rin ba ang Kuwait ID mo? Puede siguro a scan of your current job contract na merong dates plus your passport and voter's ID, or kung meron kang bagong medical certificate or lab test report.

  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

  7. hello pano po if di po pwede skype dun sa bansa ng mom ko? skype has been blocked on their country they only use IMO Application for video call. will you still call her? I Already sent an email for appointment.. pls reply tnx

  8. I don't have my sss ID but I know my sss number is it ok if I use my senior citizen ID and I still have my PRC ID although it expired last 2006 the year I filed my retirement from my employer. Thank you
    Mrs Paredes