Sample Certification of Non-Advancement of Maternity Benefit


Here's a sample Certification of Non-Advancement of Maternity Benefit 
that you need to submit together with your other maternity benefit claim documents
if the gap between your date of delivery and
date of separation from your employer
is less than 6 months.

SSS specified 6 months as the time frame,
but some SSS officers still require separation documents
even if the gap is already more than 6 months.

                                                  COMPANY  LETTERHEAD


This is to certify that MARIA MASAYAHIN, who was employed by this company from August 4, 2020 to April 6, 2023, did not receive any advance payment of her SSS maternity benefit from this company.

This certification is issued upon the request of Ms. Masayahin for the purpose of complying with the documentary requirements of the SSS for her maternity benefit claim.

Issued this 8th day of June, 2023.

                                                                      MARYBETH MASIGASIG

                                                                      Authorized Company Officer

You get at least 3 documents from your former employer:
1.  Certificate of Separation with Date of Separation
2.  Certificate of Non-Advancement of Maternity Benefit
3.  L501Form

Only one and the same person (the authorized company officer) should sign these 3 documents.


  1. is it reimbursable within period of 10years?

    1. Hi kitzie, yes, but SSS might ask you to explain why you're claiming only after a number of years.

  2. nalyn ignacio9/1/15, 3:11 PM

    hello po im nalyn my problem is 2 weeks pa lng po ung baby ko nung ngrequest ako ng non cash advancement pero until now wala pa din po .. 3 months na po ung request ko na un tapos po lage nmn po akong ng uupdate at last friday pinuntahn ko ung company ko date po until now wala pa din daw po . paano po kaya un . ? saan ko po kaya pwdeng ireklamo ung company ko date .

  3. Hi, Good day! ☺ just want to ask po pano po Kung nag awol but Ang last payment is September 2015 as per SSS covered nmn daw but the problem is need daw po ng certificate of employment and non advancement of maternity benefits from employer, pano po Kung Hindi mkakakuha ng cert.? Mkakakuha pa po ba ng loan? Hoping for your response it's a big help for us.

    1. hello. nag awol ka tapos kukuha kapa.. hahaha

    2. Yes makakakuha ka kahit awol ka . Ganyan din ako half year na nkalipas nung nagwork ako sa last employer ko pero binigyan padin ako ng non.cash advance at cert. Punta ka lang sa last employer mo then mag request ka.

  4. Pano po Kung wala ng maprovide na cert of employment and non advancement of maternity benefits? Nag awol po ksi sa dating employer Kaya hndi po Mabigyan ng cert, but as per SSS covered nmn daw po ung mat loan.

    1. Hi Arcel, use this Affidavit of Undertaking. Pa-notarize mo.
      Sorry my response is delayed. Puedeng mag-comment ka if you were able to come back and read my reply. Thanks a lot.

    2. Heloo po. Ask lng po what if awol yung status and if yung employer mismo ayaw magbigay ng non cash lettee and coe. Paano po yun?pwede po bang mag complain.? Thanks po.

    3. Hi Bullet: Instead of those documents, you submit this Affidavit of Undertaking. Ipa-notarize mo.