4.19.2014

SSS Maternity Benefit and Delivery No.

By KD
There are many cases when an SSS Maternity Benefit Claim is Denied because of inconsistency or disparity or discrepancy in the number of pregnancies, child deliveries or child births in the following documents submitted to SSS:

.  MAT-1 Maternity Notification Form
.  Obstetrical History
.  MAT-2 Maternity Reimbursement Form
.  Birth Certificate of Child

Make sure there is no conflict in the number or sequence of your delivery in one SSS form with another form or document. Make sure there is no inconsistency in number or sequence in your current documents and related data already with the SSS database.

Why is the number or sequence of pregnancies or child deliveries important?
Because SSS covers only the first four deliveries or miscarriages. 

If it's already your 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th pregnancy or subsequent pregnancy, 
you can no longer avail of the SSS maternity benefit program
even if you were not able to avail of the benefit in your 1st to 4th pregnancy.

Notice that SSS did not specify what kind of deliveries or miscarriages are covered. This means that all types of child deliveries or miscarriages are considered. The following are considered:

. Normal Delivery
. Delivery by Cesarean Section or CS
. Miscarriage or Spontaneous Abortion
. Stillbirth
. Multiple birth
. Other Types of Births or Deliveries

It is then important that you and your OB or midwife correctly write your number or sequence of deliveries and pregnancies.

MAT-1 MATERNITY NOTIFICATION FORM



I certify that this is my _____pregnancy and my expected date of delivery is on ___

You will write 1st, or 2nd or 3rd or 4th pregnancy. Pregnancy for twins, or triplets or quartets or more is counted as one pregnancy.

Count all your pregnancies, regardless of results: miscarriages, normal deliveries, or CS deliveries or stillbirths or other delivery type. Count also your deliveries or miscarriages that you did not file with SSS.  SSS can cross-check numbers or sequences with birth certificates.

This chart below is part of the old MAT-1 form. You should use the new MAT-1 form.



If your total of deliveries and miscarriages is already more than 4, then you can no longer avail of the SSS maternity benefit program.


IF YOU USE ONLINE MATERNITY NOTIFICATION: 

You will write:
Number of Deliveries or Miscarriages
Date of Last Delivery or Miscarriage


OBSTETRICAL HISTORY FORM



G1       Date ____         Type of Delivery ____
G2       Date ____         Type of Delivery ____
G3       Date ____         Type of Delivery ____
G4       Date ____         Type of Delivery ____

Ang ibig sabihin ng G ay Pregnancy.


MAT-2 MATERNITY REIMBURSEMENT FORM


Date of Delivery/Miscarriage ____
Type of Delivery
  __ Normal
  __ Cesarean
  __ Miscarriage
Number of Pregnancy/ies
Complete Delivery/ies ____
Miscarriage/Abortion ____



BIRTH CERTIFICATE
(Certificate of Live Birth -- Revised January 1993)





5a. TYPE OF BIRTH

      __1. Single
      __2. Twin
      __3. Triplet, Etc.

  b. IF MULTIPLE BIRTH, CHILD WAS
     __1. First
     __2. Second
     __3. Others, Specify

 c. BIRTH ORDER (live births and fetal deaths including this delivery)
     _____(First, Second, Third, etc.)


9a. Total number of children born alive ____

  b. No. of Children still living including this birth ____

  c. No. of Children born alive but are now dead ____

Related posts:
Reasons Why Maternity Benefit Claims Are Denied
Are You Eligible for SSS Maternity Benefit?
Documents Required for SSS Maternity Benefit Claim

15 comments:

  1. hi po paano po kung mali po ang nafile ko na number of pregnancy sa mat1 di ko po kse alam na kasama ang miscarriage. ano po dapt gwin para mafile ko po mat2? please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aionvon Recto, about no. of pregnancies September 5, 2015
      Hi what should I do if I what I wrote as number of pregnancy in my MAT1 is wrong? I didn't know that miscarriage is counted. Please help.
      ANSWER: Write a letter to SSS explaining that your correct no. of pregnancy is 2, that you wrote 1 in MAT1 because you did not know that miscarriage is counted. Attach this to your MAT1 when you file your MAT2 claim. If you have proof of your miscarriage, bring it also, in case SSS will require it.

      Delete
    2. Ano po kaya dapat ko gawin nag file po ako last march ng mat1 para sa ipinagbubuntis ko I'm due this Oct.18 this is my 2nd baby I also had miscarriages before last 2008 and 2013 I give birth last 2011 in my eldest daughter she is 4y/o now after 4years last may lang po ako nakapagfile ng maternity for her Hindi ko po kasi alam before na illegible ako nalaman ko lang po nung nag file ako ng mat1 last March and after 2mos. Nakuha ko po claim ko from sss in her birth certificate 1st baby and 1st pregnancy ko po sya na dapat ay 2nd pregnancy na nalaman ko din po illegible p din ako mag file ng maternity for my 2nd miscarriage/3rd pregnancy and nung nagpunta po ako sa hospital to get my papers nalaman ko po na wala po ako record ng histopath naraspa po ako pero Hindi daw po kasi namin naasikaso before and yung ob history ko po indicated ung 1st miscarriage ko and sa mga nabasa ko po about sa mga denied claim my chance po madenied yung claim ko due to inconsistency sa ob history ko and dun sa birth certificate ng 1st baby ko ano po kaya dapat ko gawin para maayos ko record ko sa sss?? Next month manganak na po ako maselan po ako magbuntis kaya naisip ko po after ko nlang po manganak ko ayusin and baka po kasi magkproblema dun sa claim ko PRA dito sa ipinahbubuntis ko pwede ko po ba ayusin yun after ko mclaim un benefit?? This is my 2nd baby and my 4th pregnancy na pero I file it in my mat 1 2nd baby/3rdpregnancy gusto ko po maayos to get my benefit dun sa miscarriage ko 2 years ago thanks po in advance

      Delete
  2. Hello po. Nung nabuntis po ako employed pa po that time march 2014 na endo po ako may 2014 hindi ko po alam na buntis na po ako nun. Yung contribution ko po sa sss na binayaran ng employer ko is until july 2014 .. nanganak po ako dec. 2014 .. mag fifile po sana ako ng MAT 2 may friend po kase nagsabi na pwede pa mag file ng maternity benefits kahit nanganak na .. 9 months na po baby ko . Pwede pa po ba kaya mag apply for MAT 2 ? ilang months po kaya ang babayaran ko kase nung july 2014 na po last ko na bayad. Do i need pa po magpasa sa seperation documeny galing sa employer ko? Thanks po sa pagsagot ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lea Dejaro, about eligibility 9/10/15
    Hello po. Was employed march 2014. End of contract may 2014. My employer paid my contributions until july 2014. I gave birth dec. 2014. I wish to file MAT 2. My friend told me I can still claim. My baby is 9 months old. How many months will I pay? Last payment was July 2014. Do i need separation documents from employer? Thanks po
    ANSWER:
    Hi Lea, did you pay contributions for Mar to June? or April to June? If yes, you are eligible. You can try filing. The problem is you did not file MAT1 before delivery, but you can write a letter explaining why you were not able to file MAT1 on time. Attach your letter to your filled-up MAT1. Some claims are approved; some are not. You don't need to file separation documents because the gap between separation and delivery dates is more than 6 months. But you need to pay 1 contribution as voluntary, so your member status will be changed from Employed to Voluntary, then after your status is changed, file your claim as Voluntary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently logged on my SSS account and I found out that SSS issued a cheque under the name of my former employer because I was pregnant at that time. But that was May 2009. I resigned from my job January 2009, and I gave birth March 2009.I was back on the same company since two years and I have no idea that I have a check since I forgot to claim my maternity benefits. I have checked with the HRD if they receive the said cheque and they can't confirm if they have received the said cheque because that was long time ago. My only option is the SSS could check whether that cheque number have already been deposited. Or if not is there any way I could claim the said maternity benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi po, my case is here. I process my membership with sss when I was employed as nurse reliever in Cavite last June, 2015. Unfortunately, my work lasted only for a week or two being only a reliever. Now i want to pay for my contribution as voluntary member but the sss employee i inquire with tells me that I cannot pay because I must have at least 1 month contribution from my employer when I was employed. But sad to say I was not being deducted of my personal share because I no longer continue to be employed there. What will I do? I already have my sss no, I know its not allowed to apply again. Please help me on my concern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gud day po ako po ay employed nanganak po ako on my second child non dec 28 2015 yun birth cert nya ay first kasi first anak ko yun sa napangasawa ko bale my anak ako ng pag kadalaga at apelyido ko ng pagkadalaga ang dala nya at first din nakalagay my cheque na po ako ng second child pero di pa nabgay dahil sa ganun problem pareho na my first pwd po ba na affidavit of discrepancy nalang ang attachment ko sa birthcert at ob history

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shebangs: I hope naka-submit ka na ng notarized Affidavit of Discrepancy in Birth Order or No. of Children Born Alive. Yes, you can attach that to your maternity claim. Sorry my reply is delayed. I hope you can comment again here. Thanks a lot.

      Delete
  7. Help naman po na hired po ako oct. 16 2015 then hinulugan n po ng employer ko then endo ko is march 14 2016 then nanganak ako july 18 2016 makakakuha po ba ko ng benefit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi pano ko po kaya icocorrect record ko kay sss ang nasa database daw po kasi ni sss ay patay ang 1st baby ko hnd ko po alm kung pano ngyre yun? 2 na po ank ko at buhay sila lahat and na miscarriage ako last aug 26,2016...nadeny po ang claim ko sa miscarriage ko dhil dun sa inconsistency daw po na un sa eldest ko po hnd po ako nkpag claim ng sss nun sa eldest ko, sa second baby ko lng po and dito sa miscarriage ko po na nadeny ano po kya mga needed supporting documents na kelngan kong iprepare pra macorrect ko records ko bale 2 borns alive po ako at 1 miscarriage and may chance po ba na mgrant ako sa claim ko kpag inayos ko or wala na tlga and paano ko po sya maaayos?? badly need help po thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi pano ko po kaya icocorrect record ko kay sss ang nasa database daw po kasi ni sss ay patay ang 1st baby ko hnd ko po alm kung pano ngyre yun? 2 na po ank ko at buhay sila lahat and na miscarriage ako last aug 26,2016...nadeny po ang claim ko sa miscarriage ko dhil dun sa inconsistency daw po na un sa eldest ko po hnd po ako nkpag claim ng sss nun sa eldest ko, sa second baby ko lng po and dito sa miscarriage ko po na nadeny ano po kya mga needed supporting documents na kelngan kong iprepare pra macorrect ko records ko bale 2 borns alive po ako at 1 miscarriage and may chance po ba na mgrant ako sa claim ko kpag inayos ko or wala na tlga and paano ko po sya maaayos?? badly need help po thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. I'm pregnant now but had a miscarriage last year. Based on SSS, this is my 2nd pregnancy. My question is: in the birth certificate, should this baby's birth order be the 2nd?
    ----
    More details:
    When I had the miscarriage, I didn't know I was pregnant that time; it was around 8-9 wks according to the OB. I didn't have any tests prior to the miscarriage to prove the pregnancy. I only knew I was pregnant when I started miscarrying and still had a positive home pregnancy test days after the bleeding. When I got myself checked, the ultrasound showed that it was a complete abortion and didn't need D&C. Just wanted to point this out just in case SSS would need to ask about my first pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello po . Last Nov. pa po ako hindi employed sa company namin . Hindi din po ako nkapagfile ng MAT1 . Nanganak po ako June 27,2016 . Ano po dapat ko gawin para mkpagfile ng maternity . Kailangan pa po ng mga certificate of separation at non cash advance certificate ng dating employer ? Tnxpo .

    ReplyDelete