Sample SSS Certificate of Separation from Employment

You can use this sample SSS Certificate of Separation from Employment as one of your documents to claim your SSS maternity benefit.

This certificate is required if you delivered your baby within 6 months of your date of separation from your employer.  Sometimes, SSS officers also require this certificate even if the gap between separation and child delivery is already more than 6 months but still less than one year.

Request your former employer to title your certificate as Certificate of Separation from Employment, because that is the certificate required by the SSS. A Certification of Employment (COE) is different, even if it contains almost the same information.

SSS did not issue a standard form for a Certificate of Separation from Employer or from Employment, but it specified that it must include the Date of Separation.

                                          Company Name
                                          Company Address

This is to certify that Susan Masipag who has been employed since April 4, 2008 by our company XYZ Co., with address at 123 Masaya St., Makati City, was separated from our employ on September 8, 2013.

 This certification is issued upon her request for the processing of her maternity benefit claim with the SSS.

                                                                Name and Signature of 
                                                                Authorized Company

                                                            Designation/Position of 
                                                           Authorized Representative

                                                                    Date Signed                                    


  Only one and the same person should sign these 3 documents and the signatures should be the same: 
         Certificate of Separation from Employment
         Certificate of Non-Advancement of SSS Maternity Benefit 
         L-501 Form (2 copies)                                                 

NOTEIf your company has closed down, and you can no longer find the owners, ask SSS if you can submit instead an Affidavit of Separation from Employment. SSS usually checks its records if your former company has indeed closed down.   


  1. good pm po.magtatanong lang po sana ako if qualified po ako sa mat.1 kahit 3yrs. ago na ako nanganak?april 2013 po ako nanganak then umalis po ako sa dati kong work end. of oct. 2012 dahil grabe po u.t.i. ko dahil 3mo's na po akong buntis?di po ako nagresign dun,nagpaalam lang po ako na pahinga muna ako work.sana po may makasagot sa tanong ko,salamat po.

    1. if my contribution within january 2012 to December 2012 my makukuha ka po..

  2. Last Nov pa po ako hindi employed sa company namin . Nanganak po ako june 27. Kailangan pa po ng 3 documents na requirements ng sss ?tnx po

  3. Hello po. Ask ko lang. Umalis po ako sa company ng Nov 2015 nanganak ako June 2016. Kailngan ko pba mag pasa ng certificate of Separation and Non advancement of maternity benefits?

  4. Hello JK.

    I send this message in behalf of my wife. It is better that i ask this rather than wait the long lines and pass the requirements for maternity benefit for nothing. Not worth my time spend useless po.

    The story is...my first child was born june 21, 2012. Me and my wife got separated altogether from the company last feb 28, 2012. We just got married this april 9, 2016.

    She started working from the same company as i was working last sept. 1, 2010. She had her contributions paid and updated from jan 2011 up to feb 2012 (this i will check again).

    The issue is..can we still get something despite it is almost 5yrs have passed since the birth of my first child?

    Your comment is highly appreciated. Thank you very much po.

    1. yes. upto 10 years from the date of birth you can still file your maternity reimbursement.

  5. Good pm po, pwede ko nb kunin yung tatlong requirements ng maaga sa employer ko, ngresign po ako this february2017, due date ko po august2017. thanks

  6. hello good day po, tanong ko lng po if pwede po ba ako sa certificate of separation? im going to give birth on July and i left my employer last March.. thank u so much and God Bless!.

  7. hello good day po, tanong ko lng po if pwede po ba ako sa certificate of separation? im going to give birth on July and i left my employer last March.. thank u so much and God Bless!.

  8. Good Pm Po Tatanong Kolang Po Kung Ano Po Yung Requirements Na Sinabisabi Nang Company Na Hndi Pa Daw Nafoforward Sanila Nung Kumukuha Ako Sakanila Nang L-501 Tsaka Separation From Employment ?

  9. Hi tanong Ko lng san ang LCr???

  10. Hi po. Ask ko lang sana, kasi po awol po ako sa previous company ko dahil po naging maselan po ang pag bubuntis ko. Ngayon po nag file ako ng mat1 last march 16, 2017 then last june 6, 2017 nanganak na po ako via cs-section. Nung mag file na sana ako knina hiningan ako ng certificate of separation and non-cash advance. Nung umuwi na po ako kinontak ko yung dati kong boss na kung pwede ako makakuha nun. Ang sabi po sakin malabo po na makakuha ako dahil po awol yung status ko sa knila. Ano po pwede ko gawin para makakuha ako ng maternity benefit sa sss? Pasagot naman po importante lang. Thank you po.

  11. Ask ko lng po f gaano katgal makuha yung certificate of seperation , certificate of non cash advance at L501. salamat po.. 2012 pa po yung last contract ko sa company nila

  12. Hi ask lang po sana ako..July 2 2017 po last day ng work ko tapos ngayong september na po ako manganganak..so 2months nlng po..so kailangan parin po ba mgprovide ng Certificate of Separation?