9.10.2013

Effect of SSS Salary Loan on Maternity Benefit

By KD
Question:

Can I claim my SSS maternity benefit even if I have an outstanding salary loan?

Answer:

Yes, you can file your claim for your SSS maternity benefit.  Your claim will be processed as long as you are qualified and your documents are complete.

However, if your salary loan is delinquent, your total loan balance will be deducted from your SSS maternity benefit. If your delinquent loan balance is bigger than your maternity benefit, then your cheque amount will be zero.  If this happens, console yourself by saying "At least, I have paid off a big portion of my salary loan."

If your loan is current and your payments are on time, you will get your SSS maternity benefit in full, without deductions.

Source: 
SSS Member Loan Application Form

I. DEDUCTION OF UNPAID LOAN FROM BENEFITS

In case of default, the arrearages/unpaid loan shall be deducted from the benefits claimed by the member, whichever comes first, as follows:
For self-employed/voluntary member, deduction shall be from short-term benefits (Sickness/Maternity/Partial Disability).

3 comments:

  1. QUESTION from edlyn April 28, 2015
    can I file sss loan and maternity? voluntary contributions po
    ANSWER:
    Hi edlyn, our reply is here: SSS Salary Loan and Maternity Benefit

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUESTION: Good pm. I got my maternity before, year 2007. how much contribution is required to avail again of maternity benefits. I stopped working year january 2012. then i paid as voluntary year 2013 til july 2014 then I stopped till now. will they count the previous years I paid till my last contributions? will I file my maternity claim? I don't have work at present, only voluntary payments. thank you
    ANSWER:
    You should have at least 3 contributions within the 12 months before your semester of delivery. Look at this eligibility guide for SSS maternity benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have an existing salary loan and I will go on Maternity leave anytime soon. Will I earn interest if I will not pay may Salary loan for 60 days?

    ReplyDelete