SSS Transactions -- No Middle Name

Does your NSO-issued birth certificate show that you do not have a Middle Name?

Here are some tips when transacting with SSS if you do not have a Middle Name:

Middle Name in Registering with SSS using E1 form:

If you do not have a Middle Name, do not write anything on the field for Middle Name. Leave it blank.

Middle Name in Registering at My.SSS:

If you do not have a middle name, do not write anything on the field for Middle Name. Leave it blank.

Middle Name in Applying for your SSS ID card:

Bring your NSO-issued birth certificate to prove to the SSS ID application officer that you do not have a Middle Name.

Middle Name in the Philippines:

Based on prevalent practice, the middle name of a Filipino is his/her mother's maiden surname.

Kung ang isang bata ay illegitimate (hindi married ang mother and father niya), ang surname niya ay ang maiden surname ng kanyang mother. Wala siyang middle name. Hindi niya puedeng middle name ang middle name ng mother niya.

Merong House Bill No. 4649 filed by Angelo B. Palmones in 2011 para magamit ng illegitimate child ang middle name ng mother, pero hindi naipasa.

Puedeng kunin ng bata ang surname ng father niya, kahit hindi kasal sa mother niya, basta pumirma ang father sa birth certificate niya, or kung hindi man nakapirma sa birth certificate, merong private document handwritten by the father or public documents na magpapatunay na nire-recognize siya bilang anak.

Chapter 3, Article 176 of the Family Code of the Philippines, Executive No. 209, July 1987: Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother...

Republic Act No. 9255, February 24 2004: An Act allowing illegitimate children to use the surname of their father, amending for the purpose Article 176 of Executive Order No. 209, otherwise known as the Family Code of the Philippines.

Page 8 of My.SSS: A Guide on the use of the enhanced SSS Website

1 comment:

  1. May concern po ako regarding po sa contribution ko kung magkano n po, then more than 3years po ko nagtrabho, 2014 nagstop po magtrabaho para mag aral almost 1year, then 2015 of may nagwork po ko ulet. while working buntis po ko, kaya lng po bago plang po ko s trabho kakaumpisa ko plang di p po ulet nahuhulugan ng company un sss ko po. Tnong ko po gusto ko po sana magloan o maternity loan, panu po ang gagawin ko para maaprove ni sss ang concern ko. now 3 months pregnant po ko.

    sana po masagot nyo po ang concern ko salamat po