Posting of SSS Contributions -- Request for Correction


SSS Member:

Please help me write a Letter to SSS requesting SSS to post my monthly SSS contributions to my SSS Number. I found out recently, after about four years, that there is no record of my monthly SSS contributions.  I investigated, and I discovered that my cousin, whom I asked to make the payments for those years, wrote her own SSS number. She wrote my name and my address, but she failed to write the correct SSS number.


This is a sample letter I created. I hope I did not miss anything. You can modify it, or add to it.

Your cousin should also write a similar letter, describing her error, and requesting SSS to post all the payments to your number. This is very important, specially if the SSS contributions were posted in her SSS records, despite her SSS number not maching the name and address. SSS might even require her to submit an Affidavit describing her error and her request to correct the error.

Here is a sample Letter of Request for Correction:

Date of Letter

Self-Employed and Voluntary Members Department

Dear SSS Officers,

This is about the posting of my monthly SSS contributions to my correct SSS number.

My Name:  _____
My SSS No.:    _____
My Date of Birth: ______
My Current home address:  ________________

May I request your good office to please post the ____ monthly SSS contributions I paid from _____, 2009 to _____, 2013 to SSS No. _____________________.  These contributions were incorrectly credited to SSS no. ____________________.

This error happened because my cousin ____________________ who paid all the ____ contributions in my behalf while I was abroad (write valid reason) inadvertently wrote on the RS5 forms her own SSS number: _________________, instead of writing my correct SSS number, which is ________________.

Please post the following monthly SSS contributions to my SSS No. ____________________.

Applicable Month   RS5 O.R. No.      Date Paid      Amount Paid

April 2010            T#9118Z10H        05/08/10       0,000.00
May   2010          SBR#988428        06/07/10          000.00
June  2010           OTC#007897        07/07/10       0,000.00

Attached are copies of RS-5 forms for payment above.
Thank you very much for your consideration.

Respectfully yours,

SSS Member (signature above name)

Additional Notes:

Xerox all the RS-5 receipts for submission to SSS. If possible, go to SSS together with your cousin, so the SSS officers can immediately ask whatever question they need to ask.  Bring your SSS IDs or valid photo IDs.

Make 2 copies of your letter of request, so you can have one copy Received and Stamped by SSS.

About the missing RS-4 forms for the year 2009, your cousin should list these payments in her own letter, including the Applicable Months, and Amounts Paid.  She can check her online SSS account, if these were posted in her SSS account. If these were not posted, ask the SSS officer what you can do to have these contributions with missing RS-5 forms posted to your account.

We hope you can share later on your experiences with SSS, so you can help others in the same situation.

When Are SSS Contributions and Loan Payments Posted on SSS Members' Records?


  1. QUESTION from Rachel Boneo Feb 23 2015
    gud am, Can I avail of maternity benefits? I gave birth 4 mos. ago. I wasn't able to file mat 1. I gave birth nov. 2014. my last contribution to sss was march 2014
    Hi Rachel, if you paid at least 3 contributions within July 2013 to June 2014, you're qualified. But I'm not sure if they'll approve your claim as you did not file your MAT1 before giving birth, but you can try. Fill up MAT1 and attach a letter to SSS explaining why you were not able to file your MAT1 before giving birth.

  2. Hi! May i ask how to make a letter of transfer for my incorrect sss # na naka file sa company namen? Kasi po lately ko lang na pansin na sa ibang tao ko nahuhulog yung contribution ko.from may 2014 up to now. It's my fault naman po kasi ako po yung nag filled-up. Hindi ko po kilala yung maling tao na nahuhulugan ko. Please help. Thanks:-)

    1. dasal ka lang

    2. joke ;ang gawa ka ng letter of request

    3. Hi ask ko kase nag file ako nang maternity nung july 13 2016
      Bale nanganak ako nang august 5. Kase nasa ibang bansa asawa ngayon pinadala ko ung birth nang baby ko e hanggang ngayon wla pdin po sya hindi po ba mawawala ung maternity ko kase yung birth nlng nang baby ko yung kulang s requirments e??

    4. Hi ask ko kase nag file ako nang maternity nung july 13 2016
      Bale nanganak ako nang august 5. Kase nasa ibang bansa asawa ngayon pinadala ko ung birth nang baby ko e hanggang ngayon wla pdin po sya hindi po ba mawawala ung maternity ko kase yung birth nlng nang baby ko yung kulang s requirments e??

  3. QUESTION from vineyard March 3 2015
    Hi! May i ask how to make a letter of transfer for my incorrect sss # filed with our company? I just found out lately that my contributions are being posted to the SSS account of another person from may 2014 up to now. It's my fault because I was the one who filled-up. I don't know the person whom my contributions were credited to. Please help. Thanks:-)
    Hi vineyard, are you asking for a letter to SSS or a letter to your company to make the corrections? You should talk with your HR and request them to change your SSS number in their file so that the next contributions will be credited to your correct SSS number. Request them also to request SSS to make the corrections for your contributions from May 2014 to Dec 2014. It's most likely that your company has not yet remitted to SSS your Jan to Feb contributions. It's your company that has the OR nos., amounts paid, dates paid and applicable months for your May to Dec 2014 contributions so request them to request SSS for the correction.

  4. Hi jk. I'm the one who's incharge for our sss. It's just a small company that's why there is no hr. The sss employee told me to make a transfer letter but i have no idea. I have all the o.r nos.,and everything. Please help me. Thank you :-)

  5. Hi Ms. Jk! What should I do if paid for a wrong monthly contribution? I paid for our company's contribution last May 12, 2015, I wrote May 2015 as its applicable period instead of April 2015. Can you give me a sample letter? I really need your help.

  6. hi ms jk! ask ko lng po.. ngbayad po aq ng voluntary contributions ko tru bayad center.. nid ko p po b dahil s sss office ang receipt ko?? or automatic ng mgppost un s account k0? thnx in advance!!

    1. Question from CookieInMyTummy July 23, 2015
      hi ms jk! I paid voluntary contributions at bayad center. Do I need to bring to the SSS office my receipt? or is it automatically posted to my account? thanx in advance!
      Hi CookieInMyTummy, no, you don't need to submit your receipt to SSS. Your payment will be posted to your account after 1 to 7 days.

  7. I am having difficulty in posting our contributions online. (submission failed please try again later) even if internet signal is good. what should i do?

  8. hi, good morning, ask lang po sana ako ng sample letter of correction. Yun R3 po kasi ng company namin instead na for 2015 ang year ay 2014 po pala ang nakalagay.so natabunan po yun hulog namin noong 2014 and ang nangyari po wala kami hulog ng 2015.thank you.

  9. Hi good morning,ask k lng po kung pano gumawa ng letter request for posting contributions 2013 nag apply ako self employed at nagbayad ako ng six months,nung makapagtrabaho ako ang employer k n nagbayad year 2013-2016 pero hindi din po n post sana tulungan nyo po ako para maayos k n po k

  10. hi good morning paano po gumawa ng request letter sa sss para maipost ang correct applicable for loan contributions. example: ang applicable date for loan contribution ay MAY 2014 pero ang nai entry ng cashier sa resibo applicable for June 2014. may error din po kasi ako dahil di ko nalagyan yung applicable month kaya in-assume ng cashier na for the month of june yun dahil june ko binayaran ang contribution. please help thanks.

  11. Hi gud pm tanong ko lang po miscarriage at complete nman po mga document ko bali nasa h.o na.tumawag po taga opis nmin na ang sabi pinapakuha po ulit yun doc.dalhin ko daw po sa malapit na ss sa lugar nmin dhil iinterviewhin daw po aq dun...ganun po tlga yun ? Nid reply po salamat...

  12. hi can u help me with a letter to pag ibig to correct the remittance of short term loan I made. I deducted correctly from the employees but remitted incorrectly. thank you very much