How to Update Your SSS Beneficiaries


Question from our Comment Section:

How can we change our SSS beneficiaries?. My husband went to SSS to ask about beneficiaries and to apply for his SSS ID, but the SSS officer ignored him. Can we change beneficiaries online?Are there requirements?


You cannot yet change the names of your beneficiaries or update your list of beneficiaries online.

If you want to register your wife or husband as your beneficiary, go to the SSS branch nearest your workplace or your home. Bring your marriage certificate (original and xerox copy) and your SSS ID or any valid ID.

Ask for E4 form -- Member's Data Amendment Form -- from the frontdesk clerk or from the guard.

Fill up the form, and then go to the Member Assistance Center.
Ask for a Number from the guard, if people are holding number cards.

If you want to register your children as your beneficiaries, bring their birth certificates (original and xerox copies).

About SSS ID:

Have you paid at least one SSS contribution? Was this payment already posted?  Do you have a Date of Coverage?
If yes, you can apply for your ID at any branch that has an SSS ID photo capturing machine. Bring your valid IDs.
Here's a list of branches with SSS ID picture capturing machines.

Fill up this form -- E-6 Application for Social Security Card. Submit it at the SSS ID capturing counter, and wait for your turn or instructions.


  1. hi!!! tanung ko lng po, pwd po ba ako mg process ng papers ng aswa ko, mg add sana ako ng beneficiary , yung anak namin i add ko.. nsa ibng ksi sya ngyun.. please help! thanks

  2. Hi! paano po tanggalin ang name ng ex-wife ko as beneficiary? hindi na po kc sya nagpakita sakin since nag abroad sya at wala na po akong kontak sa knya. and alam ko po eh meron na syang ibang kinakasama at may mga anak na din sila. more than 10years na po na wala kaming communication. please help po...thanks!

  3. Hi po.ask ko lang po kung paano ko machecheck yung sss pension ng papa ko.matagal na syang patay ganon din ang mama namin.2 lang sa amin mgkakapatid ang may pension. Last 2013 natigil po yun.paano ko po gun ichecheck kung wala naman akong sss number ni papa? Any advice po.thanks

  4. Hi po...pwede bng plitan ng husband ang beneficiary NEA at ipalit ang kabit at AnAk anakan NEA ma'am?
    Plz reply....