2.03.2013

Do I Need to Continue Paying My SSS Monthly Contribution?

By KD
Emailed Question:

I availed of the Early Retirement Program offered by my company after 31 years of service. Effective date was 18 December 2012.

I am now 55 years old.  Based on my record, I have made a total of 354 contributions as of December 2012. Do I still need to continue paying my SSS monthly premium of 1,560 pesos?

Answer:

You, of course, know that you already qualify for pension, so the decision to continue paying your premiums would be based on whether you plan to have a higher monthly pension amount.

One of the 3 SSS pension formulas includes this value: 2% of average salary credit x no. of years in excess of 10, so an additional year or years would increase your premium.

But if you do continue, I suggest that you contribute only the maximum premium, 1,560 pesos, so that your average salary credit would remain high, if not the maximum. I think you can have gaps in monthly contributions if 1,560 is not sustainable every month.

These 2 formulas will apply in your case -- the higher result would be your pension

1. 40% of your average monthly salary credit, or

2. 300 pesos plus (20% of your average monthly salary credit) plus (2% of your average monthly salary credit x no.of years of service in excess of 10 years)

About Average Monthly Salary Credit:

SSS chooses the higher of these two:

1. average of ALL your monthly salary credits, or
2. average of your last 60 monthly salary credits immediately before your Semester of Retirement

About Number of Years:

Assuming you started paying your SSS contributions in 1980 or earlier, the counting of years would be:

A. 5 years (1985 minus 1980)

B. plus the no. of years you have at least 6 monthly contributions from 1985 to 2001

C. plus the no. of years you contributed since January 2002 (formula for this is you divide your number of monthly contributions since January 2002 by 12)

Formula for Counting Number of years:

No. of years = A + B + C

A = 1985 minus year of coverage

B = no. of years with at least 6 monthly contributions from 1985 to 2001

C = no. of monthly contributions paid from Jan 2002 divided by 12

7 comments:

  1. Ask ko lng po 1300 lang ksi nkuha kong maternity claim kala ko po 2600 ang pnkambaba ng cs? tama po b ang pgcompute.? I gave birth last oct 2014 eto mga hulog ko
    2011
    July- 988
    August- 1300 sept-1248 oct- 1092 nov- 1196
    2012
    Oct-312 niv-1196
    2013
    Jan- 1456 feb- 1300
    2014
    april to june 110 /month
    july to dec 275 /month
    help me pls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help nman po. Voluntary po cintrib ko sa sss. Last contribution ko po sept 2013 den whole 2014 d n po aq nakapgbayad. Possible po kaya bayaran ko whole 2014. Makakapag avail pa po kaya aq ng mat. Benefits this 2015.tia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am My. I need help regarding my maternity benefit. Pwede po pa ba ako magclaim ng additional maternity benefit sa sss? Kasi my employer only paid 14k instead of 17k.My mternity benefit is supposedly 17k but my employer paid me in advance of 14k only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maternity benefit amount
      Have you filed your maternity reimbursement docs through your employer? And have they filed it with SSS? Check the amount of your benefit through your SSS online account, and if your benefit is really 17k, ask your HR about it. Maybe your employer gives the benefit in two releases. If you don't have an online SSS account, here's
      how to enroll in SSS online service.

      Delete
  4. Good afternoon, magtatanong lang po ako kung pd ba akong mka claim ng maternity benefit,nagbuntis po ako september 2015, nanganak po ako just last May 9..hindi ko po alam na kailangan pala my contribution ako at least 3 months..nagbayad ako November at December, yong para sa October December ko na din nbayaran, mkaka'avail pa din po ba ako? Ty po.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edna, contributions for maternity benefit 6/16/16
    Good afternoon, can I claim maternity benefit? I got pregnant september 2015. I gave birth just last May 9. I did not know that I need at least 3 months of contributions. I paid November and December. The one for October, I paid in December. Can I avail? Ty po.
    ANSWER:
    When you paid for 3 months in December, did you write October, November and December in the form? Does your receipt show payment for Oct to Dec? If yes, then you can file your claim. Did you file maternity benefit notification before you gave birth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. makakapag avail po ba ko ng maternity kung yung hulog ko po is di continues? from 2011-2014 then ngyun po my work ako nkka 1month plang po ko then nito lngnpo july 16,2016 nakunan po ko pede po ba ko magfile ng maternity? thank u po

    ReplyDelete