Documents Needed to Claim SSS Sickness Benefits for OFWs Hospitalized Abroad

 SSS Sickness Benefits for OFWs Confined Abroad

If you're an OFW who got sick or hospitalized abroad, submit these documents to claim your sickness benefits:

1. Sickness Notification (SSS Form CLD-9N)

2. Sickness Benefit Application Form for Unemployed/Self-Employed/Voluntary Members (SSS Form CLD-9A)

3. Medical Certificate (SSS Form MMD-102)

4. Certified true copy of medical records:

- Hospital abstract
- Operation room record
- X-ray, CT scan, ECG, ultrasound results, if these were used
- Other clinical records or results of diagnostic procedures

NOTE:  Documents issued by the hospital must be in English or translated to English  and must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate office or notarized by a notary public in the country where the OFW got sick or hospitalized.

5. SSS ID (or 2 valid IDs with signature, with one ID with photo and date of birth)

- For those with no SSS ID, you may be required to apply for an SSS ID and to present your E6 application acknowledgment stub as one of your IDs for filing your claim.

Additional Documents if Filed by Family Member, Relative or Representative:

- Authorization letter signed by SSS member and representative
- SSS ID of representative
- SSS ID of member (photocopy, because member is abroad)
- passport of member (photocopy, because member is abroad)

If there's no SSS ID, bring 2 valid IDs with signature (at least one ID should have photo and date of birth)

Where to file:

SSS branch nearest the member's residence
or SSS Diliman branch

Deadline for filing:

Within one year after last day of hospitalization, or start of sickness (if treated at home, and not hospitalized)

Who are eligible for sickness benefit?

You are eligible if you:

- Have paid at least 3 monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately before the semester of sickness or injury

- Have used up all company sick leaves with pay

- Have been sick at home or confined in a hospital for at least 4 days

- Have notified SSS within 5 days after start of sickness or injury (if confined at home) 

- Have notified SSS within 1 year from start of hospitalization ( if confined in a hospital)

How much is the sickness benefit?

Daily sickness benefit is 90% of average daily salary credit -- this depends on your 6 highest monthly salary credits within the 12-month period before your semester of confinement

A member can avail of up to 120 days of sickness benefits in one year.


  1. Tama ba na kaltasin ng company ang sss loan sa backpay? What if di nila to bayaran sa sss?

  2. Hi. I filed my Mat1 on Sept 14 2016. I was unemployed that time so i submitted the requirements directly to SSS. I was hired in Oct of 2016. I gave birth last month, March 2017. Then I asked HR about the cheque. They advised me that they will be calling me once they sorted it out with SSS, timeframe is 2weeks.its the 3rd week now and they told me wala pa raw ang cheque kasi raw you need the certificate of no cash advance which i gave them 3weeks ago. And accdg to them there is no update yet from you. Mag 1month na po ang baby ko and as far as i know i shoukd have received the cheque before giving birth. Please help. Thank you

  3. hi..i filed for a sick leave bec i got a motorcycle accident back in dec 2016.i got an amount of 21k that goes directly to my atm.i never had a vouchef or anything.i work in a bpo company here in clark pampanga.and now im being reimbursed.is that how sick leave is?i thought its a benefit.why am i paying it back.?and im being reimbursed every payout.is that how it is??

  4. Hi just want to inquirer, about my uncle is 56y/o already and he just decided to have a SSS as new member. Just want to know the process and how much would be His monthly contribution.is this possible to start on his current age.thank you.

  5. Hi po. Nag resign po aq last july 2017 s company ko pinanggalingan, meron po aq loan s SSS n Php 6224, binigyan aq ng kumpanya ng resibo n bayad n ang loan q pero pag verify q po ndi po pla bayad s system ng SSS ang resibO binigay ng kumpanya. Sept 26, 2017 po aq ng verify. Gang ngaun po pinag papabukas bukas po aq ng kumpanyang pinanggalingan q. KelangN q din po kz maayos pra nmn s mga anak ko. San ko po b pde ilapit ang reklamo ko? Maraming salamat po.

  6. Nagfile po ako ng loan and it was approved by may employer on October 22 2017, i received the email from sss na ok na ang cheque ko and i need to wait for 10 days and that will by like first week of November. My question is pwede ko bang i claim na lang it personally sa post office i really need the money na talaga para sa babayaran ko sa lupa. Do i need to ask for a letter from sss branch about claiming the said cheque o pwede na ko dumiretso sa post office and bring my 2 valid id's. Balak ko kasi mamaya na October 27 friday. Thanks po